Where can I get more information and help?
On this page:
If you need to talk to someone other than emergency services or get further information about bullying, try these services and resources:
- Commonground - An online hub providing parents, family, whānau and friends with access to information, tools and support to help a young person who is struggling.
www.commonground.org.nz (external link)
- Parent Help - Here to help parents with all parenting challenges from those everyday situations to the most serious issues.
Phone (0800) 568-856
www.parenthelp.org.nz/ (external link)
- Family Services 211 Helpline - For information on (and direct transfer to) health and social support services in your area.
Phone (0800) 211-211
- Skylight - A national not-for-profit trust that enables children, young people, their family / whānau and friends to navigate through times of trauma, loss and grief.
Phone (0800) 299-100
www.skylight.org.nz (external link)
- Netsafe – If your child is experiencing online bullying, contact Netsafe for help and advice no matter what your situation is. Netsafe’s service is free and confidential.
Phone (0508 638 723)
www.netsafe.org.nz (external link)
- Digi-Parenting - An online hub of resources designed to help parents navigate the complex world of young people online.
www.digi-parenting.co.nz (external link)
Helplines for children and young people:
Phone (0800) 376-633
Free text 234
www.youthline.co.nz/ (external link)
- The Lowdown
Free text 5626 (external link)
www.thelowdown.co.nz (external link)
- What's Up - Phone counselling is available Monday to Friday,1pm - 10pm and weekends, 3pm - 10pm
Phone (0800) 942-8787 (for 5 - 18 year olds)
Online chat is available 7pm - 10pm daily
www.whatsup.co.nz/ (external link)
- Kidsline - for young people up to 18 years of age and open 24/7
Phone (0800) 54 37 54 (0800 kidsline)
www.kidsline.org.nz/ (external link)